It’s very rare to get attached to a movie, much less a TV series. But How I met your mother” TV series has been able to keep its audience enthralled and mesmerized with soul touching words about love and life. While most sitcom just focuses on comedy, How I Met Your Mother Quotes are something that serves excellent words of wisdom.
HIMYM Quotes from Barney, Ted, Lilly have taught us great things about this mundane world around us. Here I present you the best quotes from HIMYM that are worth sharing. Starting with my personal favourite from episode 21 of season 2, The lines by Mashall are just beautiful and one of the best How I Met Your Mother Love Quotes.
Lily, there are a million reasons why I love you. You make me laugh, you take care of me when I’m sick, you’re sweet, caring and you even created an egg dish and named it after me. She puts a little Italian dressing on the eggs before she cooks them, it’s called Eggs Marshall and it’s awesome. But the main reason is you’re my best friend, Lily. You’re the best friend I’ve ever had. Marshall
Best How I Met Your Mother Quotes on Love & Life | Barney, Ted, Lily
1. “When I am sad, I stop being sad and start being awesome instead.” Barney.
2. “Aren’t you tired of waiting for destiny Ted?”
3. “You know what? I am done being single, I’m not good at it. Look, obviously you can’t tell a woman you just met that you love her, but it sucks that you can’t.” Ted.
4. “He may not fit society’s definition of a hero, but he’s the hero I needed.” Ted.
5. “A lie is just a great story that someone ruined with the truth.” Barney.
6. Lily: I could totally let you down……
7. “Sometimes, things have to fall apart to make way for better things….we’re done here.” Ted.
8. Barney: I’m too far….I’m broken.
9. “I want to be confused with you.” Barney.
10. “When your friends have a great news, you’re so happy for them like a millisecond and then you start thinking about yourself” Ted.
11. Ted: Okay, I’m going to say something out loud that I’ve been doing pretty good job of not, saying out loud lately.
12. What you and Tony have, what I thought for a second you and I had, what I know that Marshall and Lily have….
13. “……I want that, I do. I keep waiting for it to happen. I’m waiting for it to happen. I guess I am just tired of waiting. And that’s all I’m going to say on that subject.” Ted.
14. Stella: I know that you’re tired of waiting. And you might have to wait a little while more put, she’s on her way, Ted and she’s getting here as fast as she can.
15. “Sometimes in life, you have to be assertive and stand up for yourself.” Robin
16. “If we’re together long enough I hope that one day, you see yourself like I do.” Kevin.
17. “I don’t know what went wrong.” Sandy.
18 “I don’t want to be choosing between two girls. I want to be a complete head over heels idiot for one.” Ted.
19. “When it’s just not there, you can’t force it.” Ted
20. “You can ask the universe for all the signs you want, but ultimately, we see what we want to see when we’re ready to see it.” Ted.
21. “Kids, when you are single all you’re looking for is happily ever after but only one of your stories can end that way.” Ted.
22. “Dude, open your eyes. You’re going to get hurt.” Ted.
23. “I don’t know where I’m going to be in five years, and I don’t want to know. I want my life to be an adventure.” Robin.
24. “We are going to get older whether we like it or not, so the only question is whether we will get on with our lives or cling on to the past.” Ted.
25. “You can’t force destiny. it’s gonna happen, it’s gonna happen.” Ted.
26. Robin: Ted, the future is scary, but you can’t just run back to the past because it’s unfamiliar. Yes it’s tempting……
Barney: But it’s a mistake.
27. “She wasn’t just the one.” Ted.
28. “But there’s a bigger story. The story of how I became who I had to become before I met her.” Ted.
29. “Okay, yes it’s a mistake. I know it’s a mistake, but there are certain in life where you know it’s a mistake but you don’t really know it’s a mistake because the only way to really know it’s a mistake is to make the mistake and look back and say, ‘yep, that was a mistake’.” Ted
30. “So really, the bigger mistake would be to not make the mistake, because then you would go your whole life not knowing if something was a mistake or not.” Lily.
31. “Sometimes, even when you know something is a mistake, you gotta make it anyway.” Ted.
32. “Because sometimes, even if you know how something is going to end, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the ride.” Ted.
33. “It’s funny sometimes, you walk into a place and you know exactly where you are supposed to be.” Ted.
34. “The great moments in your life won’t necessarily be the things you do, they will also be the things that happen to you.”
35. “Because kids, when a door closes, well, you know the rest….” Ted.
36. We struggle so hard to hold on to these things that we know are gonna disappear eventually. And that’s really noble – Lily
37. The littlest thing can cause a ripple effect that changes your life. Ted
38. That’s life, you know, we never end up where you thought you wanted to be. Marshall
39. Sometimes we search for one thing but discover another – Barney
40. If you keep giving up on people so quickly, you’re gonna miss out on something great – Robin
41. If you’re looking for the word that means caring about someone beyond all rationality and wanting them to have everything they want no matter how much it destroys you, it’s love. And when you love someone you just, you…you don’t stop, ever – Ted
The TV series has clearly shown that the power of love cannot be taken lightly neither can a heart filled with love let go of its attachment to the wielder of its affections. How I met your mother series have been able to take us through the journey we see in our everyday life, how we fall in love and entrusts our hearts with such persons with such powerful quotes.
More so, it’s not enough to love, but to be loved in return and secured enough in the power of the web your love creates with your significant other.